Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just have to tell someone!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

I just have to tell someone! Empty
PostSubject: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:25 am

I'm so excited, I simply had to share my excitement as everyone else is in bed-bah!

I bought a Mint Erotica LP for $137 NZD (including shipping), and, And, AND I bought a Bedtime Stories LP too for $94 NZD (including shipping) too! so now I have the following Vinyl albums:

Madonna
The First Album
Like a Virgin
Like a Virgin (Into the Groove track added)
True Blue
True Blue (Blue Vinyl)
Who's that Girl
You Can Dance
Like a Prayer
I'm Breathless
Immaculate Collection
Erotica (on its way!)
Bedtime Stories (on its way!)
Ray of Light
Music
American Life
Confessions on a Dancefloor (Pink Vinyl Edition)
Hard Candy

So all I need now are: Evita, Something to Remember, GHV2, Remixed and Revisited (if its on Vinyl?) and then start collecting the special editions and picture discs.

*Sigh* there's so much more to collect, its exhausting just thinking about it.

Last week I bought the Hologram Digipak CD of Ray of Light which I couldn't afford all those years ago. So I had a wee cry when it arrived, I was so happy to get it, as I remember how poor I was back when it came out, a single mum and the closest I got to having it, was asking the clerk if I could take it out of the wrapper and touch it.

It was so worth waiting 10 years for Smile
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Oh, that\'s so touching....(almost Dickensian) I was living in London when Ray Of Light came out and although I had the regular cd, I really wanted the (hem-hem officially known as the lenticular cover - too much time on eBay...), but couldn\'t afford it - London\'s such an expensive place to live in! I have two of them now! I have GHV2 on picture disc in a pochette (with long \"holes\" in it) cover - v. nice LOL (I wasn\'t going to tell you that!). I just won a mint Like A Prayer LP off TradeMe for $6.50! I\'m bidding on an Erotica LP right now!! It\'s only got 8hrs to go and it\'s at US$21.50, maybe I should go for it. Did you get the Bedtime Stories 2LP on pink vinyl? I have that - it goes for up to US$200.00 on eBay now. Those picture discs might come as a shock price wise! (and they keep going up!). I have a few double ups. If you want a good deal - I have a spare Angel shaped picture disc ($65.00), and the Deeper and Deeper one on TradeMe is actually worth about $70.00 (I\'m going to stop listing it soon, I\'m selling it way to cheap, and no-one wants it!! haha) - $45.00 I think - man! The series of 4 shaped picture discs are highly sought after though, especially Crazy For You and Borderline - but the Angel one is very, very nice as well...........tempted? Evil or Very Mad

I just have to tell someone! Angel_10

this is cool, the UK edition came with a giant poster for awhile

I just have to tell someone! You_ca10

this is ditto: my UK DJ promo of the Immaculate Collection (also comes in pink!):

I just have to tell someone! Immacu10

....and, of course the US promo of.....

I just have to tell someone! Like_a11I just have to tell someone! Like_a12

then there's the unique Bulgarian cover......

I just have to tell someone! Like_a14

...and the picture disc!

I just have to tell someone! Like_a15

Last edited by Little Nonnie on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: True Blue....you'll need this one too   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 pm

I have a spare of this too (but they did cost me a bomb!)

I just have to tell someone! True_b10

I just have to tell someone! True_b11
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: haha!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 pm

You know, I did type Lenticular, but then went back and erased it, thinking some people might not know what it was LOL

I was looking around at GHV2 and found the pochette, but there are also some marbled coloured vinyl, but not sure if they're the full album or not.

Lucky you on the mint Like A Prayer- that's one I desperately need, mine were water damaged and its looking pretty shabby Sad I'm going to real Groovy and Slowboat records on friday night to go have a look if they have one.

The Deeper and Deeper Pic disc is pretty easy to find these days hun, its on real groovy for $9.95 at the moment.

I saw that clear True Blue and thought about getting it- PM me with a price!

I might get that Angel one off you, but it wont be for a couple of months at least. Because I have my eye on that clear True Blue!!!!

Im also humming and hawing over your Ray of Light Henna kit....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Are you sure about that Deeper and Deeper one? Surely at $9.99, it CAN'T be the original 1993 pressing - they must have re-pressed them, like the Erotica picture disc (instead of $10,000, they're selling for about $100 now: the new pressings, that is!!). I tried and tried to get a clear vinyl True Blue and eventually won two! They were only pressed in Hong Kong and Taiwan, I believe. Found ONE - that one cost me NZ$133.01 or US$101.01 at the time (that's including shipping) - so not too much - have seen them go higher.

I have the marbled GHV2 as well, it's also the full album.
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 pm

The one at real groovy is CATALOGUE NO.: 187838 so I dont know if its the 1993 pressing or not. I thought they were all the same lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm

No, you have to watch that - sometimes they are re-pressed - and are not worth as much - all the album pic discs have been re-pressed - they did Madonna Madonna just last year - the good news is that the new ones are much cheaper, I got that one and the True Blue pic discs for GBP20.00 each - MUCH less than the originals would be - especially the Japanese True Blue pic disc they're worth a fortune! (The country they were pressed in also effects value!)

Last edited by Little Nonnie on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah, it's different, the two Deeper and Deeper pic discs I have are : W0146TP 9362-40723-0 - they were pressed in 1992 in the UK (W at the front usually donates Warners UK) - yeah, no way these would only be $9.99! They must've been repressed recently....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Like A Virgin white vinyl current eBay "BUY IT NOWS" WED 27/8   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 pm

4 items found for like a virgin white vinyl in eBay Stores . Learn more about eBay Stores.
Item Title Price Store
LP Madonna Like a Virgin White Vinyl US $59.99
Collectors Cafe
MADONNA Like a Virgin RARE White VINYL Promo LP Record! US $69.98
GOLD MILLION RECORDS
Madonna Like a Virgin RARE White Vinyl US LP US $99.99
Recordsaliendotcom
MADONNA LIKE A VIRGIN LP PROMO WHITE VINYL US $150.00
The Record Collector

Try these alternatives:
Save this search because such an item may soon be for sale. By saving this search you can save time: we'll email you when matching items appear on the site.
Post to Want It Now and tell millions of other users what you want[flash]4 items found for like a virgin white vinyl in eBay Stores . Learn more about eBay Stores. [/flash]
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: I have the $59.95   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:35 pm

one on my Ebay watchlist, but am a little suspect about the condition, VG+++ Would kinda like to get an EX graded one at least. But alas, cant buy until next month anyway so will have to keep watching and waiting (and hoping lol)
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:56 am

Quote :
Lucky you on the mint Like A Prayer- that's one I desperately need, mine were water damaged and its looking pretty shabby I'm going to real Groovy and Slowboat records on friday night to go have a look if they have one.

Slowboat Records have a piece of paper with my name and phone number so they can tell me when they get new Madonna stuff in! LOL

My mum and dad just went "Oh jeez".

I have 2 copies of the Ray of Light hologram special edition. One of them is from real groovy and was second hand at about $40. Opened and re-opened yonks of times, but still pretty. The other copy is still sealed and a promo. Very Happy

I've got about 3 copies of Like a Prayer on vinyl. None of them are mint-from-the-press condition but they all play perfectly. One of them, I'm proud to say, is a gold-stamped promo that smells of patchouli!

And I've still got the copy of the Like a Virgin on white vinyl you sold me, Shane, hehe. And I found at Slowboat a copy of Vogue on 12" format, gold-stamped promo, great condition. For ten dollars. Those guys are funny sometimes. They wanted to know why I was shouting.
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:48 am

I've got a UK 12" of Vogue that came with a huge poster ("Woman of the decade" and also two copies of the UK 12" Rescue Me that both came with a huge poster - actually, the last one to arrive had TWO of the same posters inside!! haha. Also have two of the You Can Dance LP's - UK ones that also came with a HUGE poster of the cover pic! (gorgeous!).

I just have to tell someone! You_ca11I just have to tell someone! You_ca11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm

I won an Erotica 2LP PROMO on ebay this morning for US$41.01 (is your Erotica a 2LP??), and also a You Can Dance picture disc for US$32.77 (not the promo one, though), also 3 Music era promo cd singles for US$11.49, and was out-bid on about 10 other auctions! One I missed out on was a Sex Interview pic disc (Germ. 1992), which went for US$121.00 (TOO MUCH!). The most that's gone for on popsike.com is about US$81.00. Missed out on some laserdiscs, but one, Japanese concert of Who's That Girl tour went for US$71.00 - I found one actually in Japan with a Buy Now of US$58.00, so grabbed it last night (I bought an old laserdisc player last year, so I'll be able to watch it!!). Yay!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:33 am

Just re-read all that...

I own two copies of the hologrammy "lenticular" Ray of Light album.

One copy I got at Real Groovy for $35. It's starting to fall apart due to plenty of oohs and ahhs from admiring visitors. (Oh all right, from me).

The second copy was my first real "investment" piece: a still-sealed copy with the original sticker and a tiny plastic "Promo Only" card inside.

Very Happy

Oooh its just so pret-eeee!!
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just have to tell someone!   I just have to tell someone! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just have to tell someone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madonna Fans New Zealand :: MADONNA LOUNGE :: General Madonna Discussion-
Jump to: