Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... Empty
PostSubject: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:03 am

Some of you may remember that presentation being sold by someone called 'mendlesmanor' on Trademe, he had a reserve of $500 I think.

Don't think it ever sold, but the update on this guy is that he claimed to be an ex-Jesuit preist and was selling supposed rare catholic relics. Its been revealed that he was selling fakes bought off ebay and people are now clambering for their money back on the hundreds and sometimes thousands they paid him. He also led many to believe he had cancer and wasnt expected to live much longer. That too was a lie.

Some woman just found out and shes worried her George Michael presentation isn't genuine and it got me thinking about that old Madonna one he used to list.
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:51 am

Where did you hear this?
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Its been in the papers   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 am

and on the message boards at Trademe. One of his good friends actually busted him and more probing revealed the true extent as to how much he deceived people.

Trademe disabled his account and then the media got wind of it. There was a controversy last year around a lock of Diana's hair he was selling too.

Apparently he was never a Jesuit priest ( got kicked out after 6 months of training because he failed a health evaluation) and runs a fish and chip shop with his partner in Gore. He also claimed he helped write songs for some old famous NZ Bands, had met record execs, was in the the music industry through being a priest, and that's how he got the presentations he was selling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:44 am

Well, there's your clue: "A priest in the music industry" - would only be needed for exorcisms, surely!! Everyone knows ROCK'N'ROLL IS THE ROAD TO HELL! LOL!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:32 am

Actually, if memory serves me right, that display was being sold by Cash Converters. I remember they had a note saying "Currently on display in our branch" (I forget where, though).
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 am

Well they don't know shit from shinola - they don't even know about promo cd's (I once bought a Mariah Carey promo there for $1.00 - after some googling found out it's worth well over US$50.00!!) - they're morons....
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:07 am

Understandable. Well they don't make the hugest of profits anyway thanks to TradeMe. So they price things at levels they'd call acceptable to the passer-bys, rather than the die-hard collector.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 am

Translation: they just can't be assed.

I once asked them why they don't alphabetasise their cd's. They actually said to me: "they don't come in that way."

Funny, everything I buy does, LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:19 am

"they don't come in that way." ....

Neutral

Well, that inspires me with great confidence in their brand, doesn't it?

"Why does this children's board game contain a loaded gun and a case of bullets?"

"Cos it came in that way. Ten bucks?"

"Five."

"Deal."

"Look, Little Suzy, Mummy bought you a boardgame!"
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: That might have been another one   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:34 am

It was definitely mendlesmanor that was selling a Madonna Platinum Presentation, I put it on my watchlist week after week, watching for someone to bid, but they never did.

Thats when I discovered the Princess Diana (supposed) lock of her hair, started a thread on TM and the shite hit the fan and TM pulled it and the media got wind of it all.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 am

Oh ok. Weird people out there, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 am

Gee, I'm glad I didn't buy it..... Razz

Now, who can help here - ONE of these is off the internet and is Madonna's genuine autograph, and so is the other (both supposedly genuine). One of the two I bought off ebay last year. Do you think they're both the real thing? (I do know this is what Madonna's autograph usually looks like). Yikes - they look even more similar right next to each other now.....

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... Bedtim12Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... Madonn20

Or this?? LOVE the hair (lol). Note the FRINGE, Brad!

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... Autogr10

Here's one more pic for you, Brad....(are you at work? ... sorry about that...why weren't you working, anyway, huh?) Razz

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... Model_11
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 pm

I just answer phones at work - I'm also allowed on MSN and online, so long as I don't stream anything.

Yes, I see the fringe. Shut up.

I'd say the poster is a fake autograph and the CD one is real. The Bedtime Stories cover ... maybe.

Cute guy.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 am

What about now?

PS. Tried to find your Something to Remember on eBay and 991.com - no luck - all had regular cd's.

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... Madonn21
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:14 am

I reckon the first pic is real, looks real to me anyway, the rest nooooooooooo!! They don't seem right at all. Of course you really will never know unless she signs something in person. But she is the hardest to get an autograph from. I have a friend who is a journalist at the BBC in the UK and he was sitting in the next room when she walked past and apparently she would not sign anything for them and was being her usual diva self when she was there. Of course I practically fainted when he said he saw her (He's not a fan and basically just mentioned this to me like it meant nothing) I have even heard that she did not sign those children books she wrote - there was a box set you could buy, even through amazon, they were hugely expensive but her manager signed those apparently which is really kind of unethical! Considering people paid 100's of USD for them, scary.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:44 am

"Unethical"? That's ... that's just ... downright MEAN of her.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....   Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember that Platinum Madonna Presentation on TM....
Page 1 of 1