New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Never Seen Before Items

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Never Seen Before Items   Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Check this out - have never seen this before - a heart shaped Erotica promo - sold recently for US$222.50 on eBay:

Back to top Go down
Corey

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:00 am

I have seen this before but I believe it's a bootleg, There is also a wooden case set with erotica and remixes album all housed in a stunning varnished wood box set with madonna's face engraved, they had it listed years ago at tower records in the 90's so not sure if that one is official or not, probably not. Speaking of not official, have you guys seen all those picture discs around eg Albums - like a virgin, you can dance, true blue, madonna, like a prayer. There is even a pic disc for erotica which is the rarest of 'em all (the official one of-course). I am so surprised these have surfaced, not only do they look cheap compared to originals but isn't this kind of thing illegal? After all it has her offical albums on them, I did hear they sound terrible but lets face it, who plays a picture disc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:48 am

The bootleg picture disc albums are available at Real Groovy in Auckland for $35 a piece. I have Madonna and True Blue, and I think I might get Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer just to complete the bloody collection.

They might be bootlegs but they're still awe-inspiring. Like when my cousins come round, tiny little dots who haven't hit double digits and have no idea what a vinyl record is ("Those big black CDs"), so I let them pick out a bootleg picture disc and I show them how to set it up on the player. It's a lot more exciting for them than a plain black one, and they're bootlegs, so who cares?

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitepandamedia.com

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:05 am

If Real Groovy are selling bootlegs, then why the hell are you guys buying stuff from them at all? You might be buying bootlegs when you think it's the genuine item. Like Gen telling me Real Groovy had the Deeper and Deeper picture disc for $10.00, when the original is worth alot more (about $50 or 60.00 +).
Shocked

Actually, they must be re-pressings, they could be put out of business if the labels they sell found out they were selling bootlegs. The re-pressing of Erotica are everywhere on eBay as well.

(To answer that question "who plays picture discs?" A: Gen.) If her collection were edible, she'd possibly even eat it & then
buy it all again... alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:21 am

The Heart Box is official by the way: it's on 991.com and has a catalogue no:

Bad Girl - Heart Box
MADONNA Bad Girl (ULTRA Rare 13" black silk covered heart shaped box set with includes the Erotica CD album, leather chrome studded G-string, silver metal handcuffs with two keys and S&M black face mask, complete with individually numbered heartshaped certificate of authenticity denoting limited to 4,000 worldwide copies! A fun and now collectable box for serious [over 18] fans only!)

Share on Facebook

click on this image to enlarge
Price Info Request
Availability
Date of Release:
Year of Release: 1993 - 15 years old
Shipping Cost Add item to your basket for a quote
Format BOX SET
Record Label Smashing
Complete Stock List Madonna
Catalogue No MA102
Genre 00s Artists, 80's Pop, 90's Pop, Female Solo, POP
Country of Origin USA
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

WhitePanda wrote:
The bootleg picture disc albums are available at Real Groovy in Auckland for $35 a piece. I have Madonna and True Blue, and I think I might get Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer just to complete the bloody collection.

They might be bootlegs but they're still awe-inspiring. Like when my cousins come round, tiny little dots who haven't hit double digits and have no idea what a vinyl record is ("Those big black CDs"), so I let them pick out a bootleg picture disc and I show them how to set it up on the player. It's a lot more exciting for them than a plain black one, and they're bootlegs, so who cares?

lol!

REALLY? Do they order them in? Which ones do they have? I would love to get a copy of any of the pic disc albums, bootlegs be damned- They look fab!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://madonnanz.forumotion.net
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:19 am

Little Nonnie wrote:

(To answer that question "who plays picture discs?" A: Gen.) If her collection were edible, she'd possibly even eat it & then
buy it all again... alien

haha! I played my 'Madonna' Pic Disc and it sounded great! Haven't played the 'Jump' one yet though. Got the Give it 2 Me one coming soon too-yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://madonnanz.forumotion.net
WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 am

Quote :
haha! I played my 'Madonna' Pic Disc and it sounded great! Haven't played the 'Jump' one yet though. Got the Give it 2 Me one coming soon too-yay!

I play them cos they're BOOTLEGS. You're just ... a CRAZY PERSON!!

Shane, bad news mate, read the fine print:

Quote :
Price Info Request
Availability
Date of Release:
Year of Release: 1993 - 15 years old
Shipping Cost Add item to your basket for a quote
Format BOX SET
Record Label Smashing
Complete Stock List Madonna
Catalogue No MA102
Genre 00s Artists, 80's Pop, 90's Pop, Female Solo, POP
Country of Origin USA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Something To Remember picture   Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm

I think I found your cd at madonnarecords.com:

Title: Something To Remember
Record Size or Type: CD LP
Country Origin: USA
Label number: 9 46100-2
Record Cover: Cover Sleeve
Remarks: Picture
Release Date: 07/11/1995
Album Relation: Something
Roughly Value: 15 $ US Dollars
Top 200 Rare: No
Last Record update: 28-04-2008 Updated by torontoguy

If this isn't it, check the site, there's another one.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:42 am

I gotta catalogue my collection at some point. Must be close to 300 items by now... I'll do it when my university projects let me breathe a little bit. Maybe put up a webpage, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Seen Before Items   

Back to top Go down

Never Seen Before Items
Page 1 of 1