Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we start a fansite/website?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

Should we start a fansite/website? Empty
PostSubject: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 am

Let's compete with the American fansites and come up with something awesome!

We could have a bio, music stats, reviews, music video downloads (can offer than as iPod files rather than uploading HQ DVD copies, lol), photo galleries, tour guides, obscure facts (her fave foods, IQ, etc. etc.) and this forum of course.

What do you guys think?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 am

Also avatars and wallpapers and "fan art", maybe bonus unofficial remixes of songs, etc.?

I'm all excited now, this could be quite cool.

Every song could have its own webpage!!

To pluck an example out of thin air: Love Profusion. It'll have video stills, song inspiration (with interview sources rather than copy/paste Wikipedia), chart run, behind-the-scenes info on the video, trivia, some unofficial remixes (maybe 3) and a link to download the music video (approx. 25mb, maybe, mp4 format with remastered audio, which I can do at school).

Edit: Will also have Single artwork, tracklists, what album you can find it on, links to the singles/album on Amazon (maybe a sponsor pay-per-click banner ad thingy?) and a poll: How would you rate the song? Whats the best remix? How good is the video on a scale of 1-10? Do you like the single release artwork? (If its not a single, Should it have been one?).

Edit Edit: I could upload the music videos to YouTube as promotion. We could have "Aotearoa Madonna" logo at the end of the videos. Oooh all excited now.

bounce
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:15 am

I had a few (but I don't think you'd like them!) Razz

But here's a couple:

Who's going to commit all the time needed to do all this, you? lol! Then, who's going to maintain it realiably and without prompting or reminding?

We couldn't even organise a prize draw or even agree on how to approach it, so how can this work, realistically? Rolling Eyes

The best of the American sites have at least one full-timer working on the sites - we can't compete with that at the moment -and there's no point doing it unless we can be the best (and little point in replicating what they already have).

But, on the plus side: Razz
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:05 am

Didn't see this all the way at the bottom- sounds like a huge undertaking!

But if you have the time and resources- why not Smile

I go to Madonnachile for all my audio and video downloads, madgetribe for my gossip and fan art, fonts etc. Have some blogspots on my favourites for downloads too.
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:37 am

Well, fine then. We'll just sit quietly in our little forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 am

Who's your role model again? You need to sit down & listen to "Over & Over." You should do it if you think you can (and commit to it).
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Quote :
Who's your role model again? You need to sit down & listen to "Over & Over." You should do it if you think you can (and commit to it).

Maybe. My task list at the moment is:

1. Create promotional material for the "Epilepsy Assist Dogs Trust", including t-shirts, business cards, a website, badges, posters, and set up an exhibition space showing all this stuff off. The theme colour is purple so I've made some bags of purple boysenberry cream lollies wrapped in purple ribbon with the logo stickered on.

2. Take a piece of furniture, dismantle it, rearrange and reassemble into something with artistic merit and display in a shipping container. If you understand any of what you just read, PM me and you can explain it to me, cos I've got no idea how I'm gonna do that.

3. Make an animated short film about a kakapo who goes overseas travelling, visting Russia, New Caledonia, Egypt and Los Angeles, being frozen to death, watching sharks eat local swimmers, having a sandstorm blow him to next week and get mugged, shot at and pooped on by birds in the city. He then comes back to New Zealand, walking through our beautiful scenery etc. etc. and collapses with exhaustion in his burrow. "It's good to be home ... 100% Pure New Zealand."

All of which is due October 24th, give or take.

Maybe the Madonna website can wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:04 pm

That's easy, just ask for an extension, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we start a fansite/website?   Should we start a fansite/website? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we start a fansite/website?
Page 1 of 1