Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we redecorate?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

Should we redecorate? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:23 am

Gidday,

Thanks for the offer but I'm not really looking to overhaul the entire site at the moment. Forumotion is limited in that respect too, its only a forum, you cant add pages like a website. Also the layout templates available are quite limited, in the sense that while they look good on the outside, in the topics, there are unsightly things like rollover colours that clash with text and make it hard to read, separation between members posts are indistinct and small things like that, which make huge impact on the eyes. I've learnt that simple is best, nothing worse than a garish assault on the senses! lol

When I have the time to commit, the money and the resources, I will look at buying some hosting space and uploading a phpBB3 forum there so we aren't limited by Forumotion and can do all that stuff like adding web pages, multimedia, sub sites etc. But it takes money, time, commitment and resources.

Also, while I'm happy to allow member input and the occasional header submission for our forum design, I wasn't looking for someone to exclusively take over that on a regular basis. I want to avoid the possibly of offending anyone by rejecting their submission if its unattractive, and avoid the potential of jealousy erupting between members over submissions.

With regard to access to the configuration of the site, that's not something I am, or the members would feel 100% comfortable with, as that means access to their private information, to my private messages and my accounts with my domain registrar and Forumotion, financial transactions etc.

Its nothing personal, so please don't be offended, I would rather not create a situation for things to go pear shaped. Probably best to keep things as simple as possible in that respect Smile
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:29 am

P.S. Just swishing this topic over to suggestions Wink
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:46 am

Whoopsie - I just re-read my last post. I didn't mean to imply I take control of the forum's administration, nor should I be the governing authority on design of the place. (And my original website idea from ages back can get stuffed for the time being, damn my school projects!!)

My idea was simply to make a new banner each month, and maybe change the glowing blue dots to a different colour to match. 'Tis all. Sorry for the misinterpretation. Ma bad.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 am

No worries, its all good, I appreciate the gesture:) xx
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:56 am

I LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!!!!! GROTTY IS SOOOOOO SEXY, YOUVE OUTDONE YOURSELF AND IM FOREVER IN DEBT.......... have to buy you a drink when we get together....... sexy babe *wipes beads from upper lip* LMAO
and not to mention the 20th anniversary of LAP with our gathering, is sooo crazy and im just beside myself........... cant you tell????? WOOP WOOP I love you
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:31 am

haha! Knew it would get you going Wink The Mr was like "err...thats a bit racy dontcha think?"

"Dad, I'm not getting racy. I've been racy" lol
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 am

and dontcha make yo momma proud precious??? awesome and well done.
grot rocks LMFAO
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:17 am

*stands back and watches Fleur spaz out*

*a quiet 'lol'*

*munches on popcorn*
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we redecorate?   Should we redecorate? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we redecorate?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madonna Fans New Zealand :: FORUM SUPPORT :: Help, Suggestions & Feedback-
Jump to: