Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scrapbooks and the like!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

Scrapbooks and the like! Empty
PostSubject: Scrapbooks and the like!   Scrapbooks and the like! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:17 am

Hey guys, wondering if anyone is or was like me and produced any really amazing scrapbooks or similar. When I was a kid in the 80's I use to blue tack or pin pictures to the walls of my bedroom, really tiny pictures at times and songwords etc. When we moved into a new house my mother forbid all those old smash hits posters and lyrics for madonna songs on the walls, she was okay for real posters so she got me a scrapbook. This scrapbook probably has about 50 or so pages and is absolutely huge and chock filled with tidbits, lyrics, a4 posters and pictures, newspaper clippings etc. So I basically stuck (with glue pens, acid free) everything into that and I still have it, it's long ago completed now but it's so funny looking back at all the gossip from those music magazines, eg: Madonna pregnant 1985 with Prince! etc. I even have a really old article from a UK mag about this hot young new singer from USA which is quite funny.

Of-course the scrapbook ran out of pages long ago so I decided to take a different approach in my teenage manner. Instead of cutting stuff out of magazines I bought (with my pocket money from mowing lawns which I'll never do again Razz ) those folders with 100 pages of clear sleeves. So I filled those up pretty fast and did that until 1994. Starting from 1983 with the face interview and her very first UK cover (From No1 with pinup and article, also Smash Hits with bold and agressive article) and ending with Bedtime stories (Q interview and cover). There was no way in hell I would collect all those mags and store them so I tore off the cover and tore the article and slipped 'em in those books. So now I have four 100 pg plastic books filled with lyrics, full page articles, mag covers, advertising new albums and singles from 1983 up to 1994. It really is fun flipping through each era and the best part is, none of 'em are glued to pages and they are practically like new.

So whatta you guys have? The scrapbook and folders are really special to me as they can never be replaced unlike a record or cd. I stopped collecting mags and articles until after Bedtime Stories cause, well turning into an adult!

Below is a snap from my 1983-1988 100 pg book Smile

Scrapbooks and the like! W06lph
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooks and the like!   Scrapbooks and the like! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:43 am

yeah i have several scrap books/ flip folders in which i document her history. i have a few things laminated also that has been ring bound as theyre beautiful photos. i think it can be our artistic interpretation of her (or so i keep telling myself) LMAO
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooks and the like!   Scrapbooks and the like! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:40 am

I have nothing but memories, what with only being a fan since 2006.

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooks and the like!   Scrapbooks and the like! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 am

i think that might be a bit healthier, its become such an obsession. only on the weekend have i bought another bookcase for more things ive bought. just got another 30 books ish, so needed another bookcse, jesus.... a tad obsessive me thinks LMAO anywho.......... its in the blood now, no tablets available for that!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooks and the like!   Scrapbooks and the like! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:08 am

Oh, tell me about it. Thats what I need: storage space. Every available orifice in my bedroom is overflowing with CDs, records, books, a poster and a matchbook. All my vinyl is in one storage crate on a shelf in my wardrobe: a good workout in itself when you want to take them out.
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooks and the like!   Scrapbooks and the like! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrapbooks and the like!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madonna Fans New Zealand :: MADONNA LOUNGE :: Collectors Corner-
Jump to: