New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

CHICAGO BUS STOP + MADONNA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LEONARDO BRASIL

PostSubject: CHICAGO BUS STOP + MADONNA   Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 pm

In my last post, where I shared with you a remix of the song HOLIDAY, I commented about a dance step called BUS STOP... well, I made a mistake telling you an incorrect information. .. in fact, the information was not completely wrong, but let me point out to you what was right and make the necessary corrections...

CORRECT STATEMENTS IN MY LAST POST:

- What MADONNA shouted to the public during the performance of HOLIDAY in her 1990 BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR is "Do the bus stop!"
If you do not know what I am talking about just take a look in the video posted below... in [03:25].

VIDEO: MADONNA HOLIDAY BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR / JAPAN:
4shared.com/file/78871902/6fc0a6b0/M_-_HBAWTJ.html

- FATBACK BAND, later, simply FATBACK, released the single (ARE YOU READY) DO THE BUS STOP from the album RAISING HELL (1975) with it a corresponding back and forth, side-to-side line dance... this dance step was later called BUS STOP DANCE...

CORRECTIONS:

- The dance step that MADONNA and her dancers are doing during the performance of the song HOLIDAY in BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR is called HUSTLE, a line dance extremely popular in the 1970s it was based on older dances such as the MAMBO the Hustle was originated in Hispanic communities in New York City and Florida. It was preceded by another dance step called THE CONTINENTAL WALK that was followed by BUS STOP DANCE step and that culminated in THE BUS STOP HUSTLE... both the HUSTLE and BUS STOP DANCE were popular during the Disco era, had roots in common, however, they are different kind of dance steps...
Below follows a link from YOUTUBE where a person does the step of dance called HUSTLE... note that it is quite similar to what MADONNA dances in her BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR during the song HOLIDAY...

VIDEO: MAN DANCING THE HUSTLE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TsRdkrxl4g

- When MADONNA shouts "Do the bus stop! during the BLOND AMBITION she is not making a reference to the dance step called BUS STOP DANCE... in fact she is making a reference to the song CHICAGO BUS STOP, from 1975 by THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA.
THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA was formed in 1974 in New York USA and disbanded in 1982. They were fusing Philly Soul, Funk and Latin Music in a danceable disco sound. THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA included up to 50 members with instrumental section, arrangers and conductors.

I thought it would be nice to post the music CHICAGO BUS STOP by THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA... note that in the very beginning of it you can hear a female voice singing "Do the bus stop!" just like MADONNA did in her BLOND AMBITION TOUR.

CHICAGO BUS STOP - THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA:
4shared.com/file/80221062/b5ffca64/498_-_TSO_-_CBS.html

Oh, by the way, below is the remix of the song HOLIDAY that Ive posted in my last post... just in case you didnt get it before...

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION):
4shared.com/file/78448113/42a503fe/497_M_-_H_RV_.html

I would like to say thanks again to TONEDEAF from MADONNACHILEFORO for having alerted me about the correct story about the line "Do the bus stop!" that MADONNA uses during the BLOND AMBITION... and I would like to say sorry for all those who had read the wrong information of my last post... at that time, when I was doing the research, I just took the wrong direction somehow... sorry about that!

Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: CHICAGO BUS STOP + MADONNA   Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:00 am

We forgive you, Leo. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitepandamedia.com

CHICAGO BUS STOP + MADONNA
Page 1 of 1