New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

4 MINUTES 2 DETROIT (MIXMAJIK REMIX) + 2 BONUS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LEONARDO BRASIL

PostSubject: 4 MINUTES 2 DETROIT (MIXMAJIK REMIX) + 2 BONUS   Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:30 pm

With STICKY & SWEET TOUR MADONNA had the opportunity to experiment new versions of her old hits... the song MUSIC, a 2000 hit, was one of the songs that received a new version, in fact, the version used on the tour is almost the same that was used some months before in her pocket show when MADONNA was promoting her newest album at the time, [ b]HARD CANDY[/b].

MUSIC new version, actually a MASH UP, counted a sample of the song PUT YOUR HANDS UP 4 DETROIT, a single written and produced by FEDDE LE GRAND.
When I heard it for the very first time I just felt in love... that tune was just great to dance to!

At that time all that was said was that the new version was a mixture of MADONNA big hit with the success of a track composed by FEDDE LE GRAND... This kind of information was sufficient to a lot of people... but that was not enough to me... so I’ve just tried to get more information about that song called PUT YOUR HANDS UP 4 DETROIT... after all, why a North American city called DETROIT was the subject of a song whose author was not even born in the United States??

Well, what follows is the result of my research... a journey through the time that has its beginning in the year of 1999 and ends in 2008.
Bon voyage...

1999 - MATTHEW DEAR

It all begins with a guy called MATTHEW DEAR, an American music producer, DJ and electronic avant-pop artist.
Texas-born DEAR moved to MICHIGAN – same state where MADONNA was born – as a teenager, where he was inspired by the sound of Detroit Techno.

DEAR met SAM VALENTI IV at a party while attending the UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN – the same place where MADONNA studied in the past – after which the two created the record label, GHOSTLY INTERNATIONAL, based on a shared love of electronic music. DEAR’s first single was 1999’s HANDS UP FOR DETROIT (co-produced by ghettotech pioneer DISCO D (DAVID AARON SHAYMAN), who performed under the name DAISHA).
The vocal in the song HANDS UP FOR DETROIT belongs to MATTHEW DEAR.

Obviously I will post the song HANDS UP FOR DETROIT, after all that’s where it all started...

HANDS UP FOR DETROIT – MATTHEW DEAR / DAISHA:
4shared.com/file/89006267/f9566584/509_MD_-_HUFD.html

2006 – FEDDE LE GRAND

FEDDE LE GRAND was born in Utrecht, The Netherlands on 7 September 1977. As a teenager he became a disc jockey.
Besides DJing and organising club nights, FEDDE LE GAND has been producing since 2001.

With the release of PUT YOUR HANDS UP 4 DETROIT in 2006 the artist became known to the world.
The song contains a vocal sample from MATTHEW DEAR's HANDS UP FOR DETROIT.

It's a little known, somewhat trivial fact, disclosed by FEDDE during an interview that the song was written in one night following a romantic encounter with a man named JOEL DURLING at an EDMONTON OILERS vs. DETROIT RED WINGS ice hockey game in the chilly Festival City.

In the UK and Australia, the song was released as PUT YOUR HANDS UP FOR DETROIT, with FOR replacing 4 in the title.

The music video features a type of science lab where gynoid technicians create multiple male androids. For every male android they create they test its reaction to the gynoids stripping… the second male android that is created flirts with a male doctor instead of looking at the girls... actually the doctor is performed by FEDDE LE GRAND, this is his short appearance in the video... it’s worth watch it!

Below you have the link to make the download of the song PUT YOUR HANDS UP 4 DETROIT...

PUT YOUR HANDS UP FOR DETROIT – FEDDE LE GRAND:
4shared.com/file/89008673/f64f33/510_FLG_-_PYHU4D.html

2008 – MADONNA

As you already know, MADONNA used a sample of the track in a remix version of her 2000 single MUSIC as part of her promotional tour and the following 2008 STICKY & SWEET WORLD TOUR, in support of her HARD CANDY album.

I will not post the MASH UP with MUSIC vs PUT YOUR HANDS UP 4 DETROIT just because it’s very easy to get it from the internet and everybody already heard this version... so I decided to share with all of you a MASH UP that mix FEDDE’s biggest hit with MADONNA’s 4 MINUTES, it’s just great to dance to!
I do hope you enjoy it!

4 MINUTES 2 DETROIT (MIXMAJIK REMIX) – MADONNA VS FEDDE LE GRAND:
4shared.com/file/89009106/822e5c9b/511_MVSFLG_-_4M2D_MR_.html

“Put your hands up for MADONNA, our lovely queen!”

Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: 4 MINUTES 2 DETROIT (MIXMAJIK REMIX) + 2 BONUS   Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:44 am

Oh awesome, nice info on Fedde le Grand, funny backstory about that song of his! Thanks once again, Leo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whitepandamedia.com

4 MINUTES 2 DETROIT (MIXMAJIK REMIX) + 2 BONUS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madonna Fans New Zealand :: MULTIMEDIA SECTION :: Audio-
Jump to: