Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RealMadonna

RealMadonna

Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" Empty
PostSubject: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Madonna admits bad style choices in 80s
19/10/2009 - 07:45:17

Madonna says the 80s were her worst fashion moment.

The 'Material Girl' singer - famed for continually reinventing her look - admits some of her outfit choices were questionable but blames it on the decade that style forgot.

She said: "My worst fashion moment was the purple lipstick, fluorescent-green sweater combo ... It's OK, it was the 80s. It was a bad-hairstyle era. Let's face it."

Madonna also said too much has been made of her constant style change as fashion and standing out from the crowd has always been of interest to her.

She told Rolling Stone magazine: "I think people put a lot of emphasis on the whole reinvention of my image, and it's always been a lot less calculated than people think. I think it's boring to stay the same. A girl likes to change her look."

[img]Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" Smash_10[/img]
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:30 am

love this look myself.... love the colour green. the rolling stone mag is gorgeous, if theres any copies around.
Back to top Go down
RealMadonna

RealMadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I actually like it too, once had a poster of her dressed like this with a bamboo blind behind her
Back to top Go down
RealMadonna

RealMadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 am

lovemadgemadonna wrote:
love this look myself.... love the colour green. the rolling stone mag is gorgeous, if theres any copies around.

Do you mean that photo - rolling stone? - it's actually from Q magazine, I think - pretty sure - we probably have this - it might be from the Madonna Special they did. I do love this look - the vibrant green, that whole fluro look was so in then (and has already made another come back - albeit briefly), but this IS her early look, and I love that look probably more than of all of them.
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:30 am

shes in rolling stone cover and this is an excert from that as well as another which has passed my mind at the mo??
Back to top Go down
RealMadonna

RealMadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Do you mean the US November Rolling Stone (latest issue) - the Aust. Nov. issue doesn't have the Madonna cover (bugger!), hopefully they'll have it next month! Otherwise will have to get the US issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"   Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madonna admits 80's fashion "crimes"
Page 1 of 1