Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More on dolls, but about to go off this topic...

Go down 

Ladies Of the 80's Dolls - who should they turn into dolls?
Joan Jett (already certain)
More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_lcap0%More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cyndi Lauper (already certain)
More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_lcap17%More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Deborah harry (already certain)
More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_lcap0%More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Madonna
More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_lcap33%More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Kim Wilde
More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_lcap17%More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Whitney Houston
 17% [ 1 ]
Bananarama Doll Set
More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_lcap16%More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Divine
 0% [ 0 ]
Tiffany
 0% [ 0 ]
Deborah Gibson
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
RealMadonna

RealMadonna

More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... Empty
PostSubject: More on dolls, but about to go off this topic...   More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

Just to let you all know that in January 2010 Mattel is launching some dolls in the US called "Ladies of the 80's" which so far includes, Debbie Harry, Joan Jett and Cyndi Lauper. They have said they won't do a Madonna since she's "too controversial" - even after apparently, Madonna asked them to. This is Mattel, maker of Barbie.

Madonna has said she'll do her own, but I really think it's unfair...Madonna deserves a place amongst 80's divas - obviously!, as does Cyndi Lauper...Debbie Harry?...I would've thought more 70's with Blondie - as great as she is, her main impact came in the 70's. Joan Jett, fine - but really, other hits apart from "I Love Rock'n'Roll" - a pretty minor 80's figure, really.... But allowing 1,2,3 to be Cyndi, Joan, Madonna, who would three more "ladies of the 80's be?" 4) Whitney Houston (check), 5) Kim Wilde (check - no.1 selling British female artist of the 80's), and 6) I dunno, maybe a set of Bananarama dolls would be cool, or Debbie Gibson or Tiffany. Hmmm, who do you think, let's do a poll, obviously, pick Madonna AND someone else (PICK SIX OR LESS - just your TOP choices).

BTW, these dolls will probably only be sold in the US - but you can buy them over the internet and they are about US$59.00 each. "The Doll Pedlar" is taking pre-orders of the Cyndi Lauper doll now for US$35.99.

[url=More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... Debbie11]

[url=More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... Joan_j12[url=More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... Cyndi_11]More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... Cyndi_11[/url]

Scarily, outside of this set, the Barbra Streisand Barbie!

[url=More on dolls, but about to go off this topic... Barbra10][]
Back to top Go down

More on dolls, but about to go off this topic...
Page 1 of 1