Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinion On Madonna

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Opinion On Madonna Empty
PostSubject: Opinion On Madonna   Opinion On Madonna I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:50 am

Cher

Beyonce

Elton John

Joan Rivers

Cyndi Lauper

Interviewer: There were comparisons made between you and Madonna through out the 80s. Do you think those comparisons helped or diminished your career?

Lauper: OK, I'm gonna be honest, all right? I think this comparison came to be because we are two sexy and creative women who did whatever they wanted to do. Not to lose its control over us, society divided and put us in competition, eventhough we were...
completely different artists. In the past, I didn't feel good about this...It's like two little girls... Two children... And tell them over and time again: You're pretty. You're smart. Which means that the pretty one is smart and the smart one is ugly. And that everybody is in those small cathegories... These are old ways to take out power from women. It touched me because I just saw it as a political thing to keep women in their place.

Cyndi Lauper and Madonna (compared again!)

Mariah Carey

Janet Jackson

George Michael

Britney Spears

Back to top Go down

Opinion On Madonna
Page 1 of 1