Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?

Go down 
+3
Austin
CandyPerfumeGirl
lovemadgemadonna
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
madzy

Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: madonna herself   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:02 pm

there is sooooooooooo much trew in that aye, she came along at a time in me life, i was almost dead, just her words an songs and insperashon keeped me goinmg, soemhow i found strenth when i had madonna around me, then its been my girl, dunno i gave that kid the rite name aye lol shes fasinated with handcuffs and whips, hmmm but shes a dita all her own Wink one thing ive notised in madonna forums is you can be yaself, and peeps take you for you, then agen madonna is does say be yaself, and assept peeps for who they be not what they be, but lotsa great replys, and i hope everyone is well and great, one thing im doing to make a changse also is moving to a house in nov, that has a bit more lite then this one, i beleeve lite plays a big part in our lifes, ok im not oen who gos runnin outside cos the sun is out, i just liek the feel of lite in the home, gives more relaxing an such, this plase is ok but its got tinted windos so kinda takes away a bit gor me, may lite an blessings be with yas all today :-) I love you
Back to top Go down
madzy

PostSubject: panic attaks sux   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 pm

and madonna sayed when she gets them on stage she turns away frome veryone, its like she gets this reel fear that peeps is taking her air, so she turns away to get her breth then back agen, so now when i gets them i think of that turen away focus on soemthing else Smile not allways easy but unless ya makes effert only one whos taking you down is yaself Smile, if you make effert and still needs xtra help then at lest ya try, in my books thats the main thing, get up agen Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:29 am

Madonna has helped millions of people - and to quote: "I get up again, over and over" - she has encouraged me to never give up - to always try. I think there's a true positive force in her music, and is maybe why she's lasted so long and has such loyal fans - that's us - we are still all buying her records!! (over and over!! lol!!). I've heard that when MAdonna gets on stage she looks at all those people and just imagines they're all little lights, that she's just singing to the lights, and then she's not so nervous!
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:10 am

Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 C7c0d250fca04e3414ff9010._AA240_.L

I Dream of Madonna: Women's Dreams of the Goddess of Pop
by Kay Turner (Editor, Illustrator), David Kolwyck (Illustrator)

Lustily conceived like a Dada art object, this offbeat little book collects the dreams of 50 women about pop singer Madonna, accompanied by color collages made by Turner and artist David Kolwyck. Turner, a folklorist and lead singer in an all-women rock band, asserts that Madonna has invaded the psyches of women as a symbol of fearlessness, sexuality free of shame, and self-realization. The women whose dreams she records include homemakers, teenagers, grandmothers, a professor and a banker. Some dream of rescuing Madonna from danger; others dream of making love to her; in one dream the pop star is a policewoman. To most of the dreamers, Madonna is a sisterly companion or empowering friend. The collages, in a surreal style highly reminiscent of rock 'n' roll album cover art, reinforce the overhyped notion of Madonna's "liberating sexual self-centeredness."

(From Amazon)
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Dont be paying too much for this.....   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 am

I picked up a copy of this edition maybe 2 years back on tm for only $10 or so, and ive seen it many times since. A highly recomended book and read though, as its kinda sexy. Nice hard cover and nice visual. Nice bedtime reading for ya. LOL xx Very Happy @
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 am

Hehe sounds like a good read. I just posted it to remind you guys that we might think we're crazy for thinking that she has a positive healing influence on our lives, and we are crazy, but at the same time, look! They published a BOOK about it! So it's not just us! Hurrah!
Back to top Go down
madzy

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:18 pm

one thing i notised is, for every mood ya in or how you feel. theres a madonna song that hits that spot

wether you be mellow or down or up an wanna get groovin, and in her songs is so many messeges,

one eg is when i was leevin akl i love akl, then her song jump just woodent leeve me head, and it was like sayin do it do it,

so i did, and ok things started ruff but now slowly i see it was prolly the best thing i done for me n me girl

ok for me things is been a bit ruff but will change and is changing, wich is all good, for me girl she has just blosomed so much and odin so well

i has better frends i only stick with a few, but the ones i has is great, also gettin suport in areas ive needed it yrs ago and help i never new was there, also theres a great suport thing for my girl as i lift meself up

but i do no offen at diff moments a madonna song will come into me head and it so fits with how im at, its alo how i suvived me teen yrs, i turned to madonna and kind sed f you to rest everyone else lol

but its suvival , ok im deaf well 90% but thats deaf nuff lol, but in em ehad is the owrds and the songs and soemtimes seems so much like shes mother to many, so many have suvived so many diff parts of life wether it cos soemthin shes sed or did, or a song, and even been times when a new song has come out and im like hey thats me, rite now thats soooooooooooo me

Smile
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Too true. Scary, innit? I wonder if she's aware of it, beyond just an egotistic "Everyone respects me" sort of thing. If someone were to sit here down and provide her with testimonials from the thousands of people she has moved in this way, would it be shrugged off, accepted or a shock to her soul?

Or maybe even:

"Good - that was the plan."
Back to top Go down
madzy

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 pm

yep i wonder if she relly reslises how many lives she has touched

not just in her music but by bein her, and how many shes prolly helped saty alive

i usta go to icon, and so many there sayed offen how they prolly woodent be alive today sept much of her stuff hit home an keeped them goin, even if its just waitin the lil bit cos a new album was commin out

but one thing i can say without a dowt is without her id have been dead when i was a teen, and im posatiff theres menay more can say the same thing Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 am

It is a bit of a rock'n'roll cliche though, isn't it..."your music has changed my life" - they would ALL get that from Springsteen to Motley Crue! But it's still true - that's what music should be about. Razz
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Quote :
but one thing i can say without a dowt is without her id have been dead when i was a teen, and im posatiff theres menay more can say the same thing

I turned to her when I had no direction when I was in 7th Form. I didn't have any goals or any plans or anything, and I had all the ambition of a sheep. So I bought "Confessions" and when I was browsing through the library, I spotted a copy of Taraborelli's biography on her, and I thought, "Oh what the hell". Read it and went "Aha. A role model. Finally!"
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:28 am

For me, definately not, she has never or will never inspire me to follow a religion. I think that sort of thing is a personal thing anyway and no celeb could ever convert me. But if the red string helps people or is used as a good luck charm, then blessed be, it's really no different than say a four leaf clover. Also the tree of life stuff for me is really quite confusing, though I don't really no why, well maybe because I've never learnt about it. Ask me in 10 years!! I use tarot cards here and there (tree of life crops up now and again)and am quite a good reader of 'em, there is alot of Jewish mystism in them BTW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?   Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Kabbalahists? or red string wearers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madonna Fans New Zealand :: MADONNA LOUNGE :: General Madonna Discussion-
Jump to: