Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hard Candy Collectors

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Yes, I plan to keep stalking them, wondering if a 3am knock on the door might bring them out of hiding and grass up on where my compact is!

Hope you like your feedback hehe *sluuurpppp* Razz
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:07 pm

Little Nonnie wrote:
Actually, my philosophy on feedback is that you should NEVER solicit it. I hate it when people ask me to leave feedback - I never ask anyone to (that was a joke, what I did before!). Anyway, I have plenty, so I'm not bothered about it - except bloody negative feedback (sellers on ebay are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback - that's a mistake, I think!). Like a Star @ heaven

Yup, aint that the truth. If people dont give it, I let sleeping dogs lie. Once I didnt leave FB on someone because they were a pain in the arse and I just wanted to forget it. They left me neg FB based on the fact I didnt leave them any FB at all. So at that point I thought fark it and let loose on my experience of the trade with a deserved neg. Ended it with "Be careful what you wish for".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Sometimes, if I've left feedback and they haven't, after awhile has gone past, I sometimes delete my feedback on them, but never ask them to leave me any. Mad
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Well, you were right. I went to Real Groovy to see if they had them still and by dingo, they did.

I went temporarily insane and bought 'em both.

Now I've got one for playin', one for dis-playin'. Hehe. I think the candy-coloured records would be better slightly translucent, wouldn't you? Now I just gotta get a copy of the 12" Give It 2 Me from the big US, and then I've got all the Hard Candy vinyl releases so far.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 am

Has Give it to me single been released in NZ? I've never seen it, only the picture disc at groovy. I tend to stay away from Aussie CD singles and prefer those maxi US ones with heaps of mixes which Borders in Auckland stock quite often but still no Give it to me!!

Also regarding lost items in the post. I've always had quite good luck with NZPost in regards to claiming. Here's what happened: I sold two items on ebay a few years ago to an Italian guy. One was GHV2 thunderpuss megamix promo cd and the other was Like A Prayer promo cd single. They were sold for about 150 US $$. So the auction finished and then it was cancelled completely - weird - but it was something to do with selling the thunderpuss CD, it was not allowed at the time or something and the auction page vanished.

The thing was this transaction had already taken place, the guy paid via paypal and the CD's were sent. A month later he claimed he never got them and started the process of getting the charges reversed via paypal which he succeeded in doing. I was kind of frantic as my paypal account was way under and had to top it up which was a mission on it's own. Not sure what it is like now but at the time you could not top up with credit card so I had to send a bank cheque in US dollars to America.

Anyway, I decided to contact NZ post and make a claim or at least track the package, so this went on for about a month or so and he (Italian) was sent documents to sign to say he did not receive goods. Now I had to prove how much he paid for the items. Luckily before the auction vanished I printed out the page. So this was sufficent for a payback from NZ post and they sent a cheque of over 300 dollars for the lost CD's since the conversion rate at the time from US dollars was almost double.

So eventually all worked out well but I am kind of convinced he (Italian) did get those CD's and made the claim because ebay cancelled the completed auction.
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:37 am

WhitePanda wrote:

I think the candy-coloured records would be better slightly translucent, wouldn't you?

I actually think they look hideous, nothing candy-like whatsoever. They look like a tie dyed t-shirt that's been shot with a sawn off shotgun.

Now those rare Baby Pink and Blue ones are what make me quiver with anticipation.

Glad you got them though, dont ya love spinning that Vinyl!?
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:41 am

Corey wrote:
Has Give it to me single been released in NZ? I've never seen it, only the picture disc at groovy.

Do you mean the Give It 2 Me Picture disc? I've been waiting to see it Groovy in Wellington but hasn't shown up yet. Thought about just getting it off Ebay, sick of waiting for dumb old NZ to get it last.

Who knows if they will even release it here, did it do well on the NZ Charts? I dont listen to the radio so wouldn't even know if they're playing it. I haven't seen the CD Single.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Just buy it off eBay already!! I bought mine plus the UK 2 cd set of the single (for about GBP4.99 and GBP5.99 respectively - or less). Not pricey right now. I think Corey's talking about the cd single - I've never seen it here, although haven't looked too hard. PS: Remember, even not liking the Aust. releases, notice that the most valuable cd singles etc. (especially promos), are never usually the UK or US releases, but the Aust. ones (since they're produced in far smaller numbers).

Miles Away is supposed to be single number three - released SOON. Rumoured to have Ring My Bell on the B-side (which is so far only on the Japanese Hard Candy cd).

GOD IS WATCHING YOU SPINNING THOSE RARE PICTURE DISCS AND COLOURED VINYL - and is slowly judging you - you will all go to Hell Twisted Evil - especially if you drink (of the) the Like a Prayer Pepsi can!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Little Nonnie wrote:
Just buy it off eBay already!! I bought mine plus the UK 2 cd set of the single (for about GBP4.99 and GBP5.99 respectively - or less). Not pricey right now. I think Corey's talking about the cd single - I've never seen it here, although haven't looked too hard. PS: Remember, even not liking the Aust. releases, notice that the most valuable cd singles etc. (especially promos), are never usually the UK or US releases, but the Aust. ones (since they're produced in far smaller numbers).

Miles Away is supposed to be single number three - released SOON. Rumoured to have Ring My Bell on the B-side (which is so far only on the Japanese Hard Candy cd).

GOD IS WATCHING YOU SPINNING THOSE RARE PICTURE DISCS AND COLOURED VINYL - and is slowly judging you - you will all go to Hell Twisted Evil - especially if you drink (of the) the Like a Prayer Pepsi can!! Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I'll buy it next month I think. Or wait til someone on TM lists one...
I wanna get those 7" white Vinyls of 4 Minutes and Give it 2 Me first.

Anyways, If I'm going to hell, I'm taking y'all down with me, unwrapping all your sealed Vinyl and scratching them like a wannabe DJ lol *frikka frikka freshhhhhhhh*

I've actually been good and haven't played my white LAP Smile I'm gonna save that for when I'm having a really bad day to cheer me up. I've got heaps of LAP albums that I can listen to instead of the white one anyway.

I have the one without ITG (bit tatty on the cover so on the lookout for another one!), one with ITG and another one with ITG with the sticker advertising ITG.

I have like 5 CD's of LAV too. 1 with lace back cover without ITG, and 1 lace back cover with ITG.
1 white back cover without ITG and 1 white back cover with ITG. And then I have LAV remastered.

I REALLY want a scented Like a Prayer cassette though Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Your white LAP?? What the hell? Don't you mean your white Like A Virgin?? Great minds, and all, was just checking out the white vinyl 7" Give It To Me and 4 Minutes. The story here is THIS contains Ring My Bell, AND the best deal I could find on eBay right now was US$17.99 - a good US$10.00 (at least) better than most other traders, AND that is their Buy It Now price...ok, I'm buyin' !!!!! TWO 7" records. Description from Madonna Mania site (go to the link in Buy, Sell.. and check out this amazing site!):

I think this has gotta be one of the coolest releases from the Hard Candy Album...gotta love it...Vinyl LP 12" are becoming so obsolete...so to release a double pack 7" and have it be pressed on white vinyl.....WOW. This piece is just going to skyrocket...I just know it! Grab it while you can. Gorgeous cover art from the single releases...One side 4 Minutes, flip it over and Give It 2 Me. ...and to make it even better???? RING MY BELL (only released on the Japan Hard Candy) Sealed with special sticker on it too! MINT CONDITION!

Tracks Include:

4 Minutes (Radio Edit)

Ring My Bell

Give It 2 Me (Radio Edit)

Give It 2 Me (Eddie Amador House Lovers Edit)

Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 4_minu10
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 pm

I don't usually buy the later vinyl singles from Madonna but I might just make an exception for that 7", gee the last 7" I actually bought was the reissue of crazy for you!!
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:15 am

OK OK Updating my list, here's what i have now:

- Hard Candy CD Album (Standard)
- Hard Candy CD Black Case Pack Thing
- 4 Minutes US Maxi Single
- 4 Minutes 2 x 12" Vinyl (2 copies, one sealed)
- 4 Minutes Picture Disc
- Give It 2 Me US Maxi Single
- Give It 2 Me Picture Disc
- Give It 2 Me Australia 3 track CD Single
- Hard Candy Triple Vinyl Pack
- 4 Minutes UK CD Singles (thank you Shane)

So what am I missing?

- UK 2CD set of Give It 2 Me
- US GI2M Pic Disc
- US 12" Pack GI2M
- 2 x 7" White Vinyl pack
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:59 am

Little Nonnie wrote:
Your white LAP?? What the hell? Don't you mean your white Like A Virgin??

Yep, LAV I meant, sorry to give you a heart attack lol

I have been salivating over a LAP promo pack thingy, with the cassette, CD and film cell. But no way can I justify spending so much on it.

BTW, my Mint Erotica LP arrived- I love it, is practically brand new!

My Bedtime Stories LP arrived and I was really let down. Said the cover was Ex condition, but its VG at best. Split all down the side where the glue has come unstuck and has crusty yellow stuff on it, not to mention faded. The record surface itself is Mint, but the middle label is faded to hell. They did send me a Brazilian Sex poster, foldout book thing as a free gift, so that does take the edge off my disappointment.

Last night/Today I bought 2 Confessions Slipmats, WIFLFAG 12", Hollywood 2 x 12", and American Life 2 x 12" and 8 other 12" singles.

Tomorrow I go and get my Remixed Prayers Japanese EP CD, a new You Can Dance CD, and Dont Cry For Me Argentina 12".

Next week I'm buying the Bedtime Stories Pink Vinyl album, a scented LAP Cassette and some more 12" singles and maybe the Give it 2 Me/4 Minutes white vinyl pack.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:36 am

You getting all of this online or has Real Groovy Wellington restocked? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Nah on Ebay   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:40 am

Real Groovy is pretty slack these days, think all they have is a La Isla 12", an old LAV, 2 Angel 12" without sleeves and a 4 Min Pic Disc for $35.00.

You know I was watching a rare You can Dance CD of single edits and last time I looked it was up to $152 USD! Bugger that, I am going to have to settle for the digital version- the ever faithful download lol
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:48 am

Hehe yup digital is awesomes. What CD singles did you want me to email you again, btw?

Oh yeah I just bought the white vinyl set and the Give It 2 Me 12" double pack from eBay. Nearly $80 NZD. :'(
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Yep its an expensive hobby!   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 pm

I dread to think how much I have spent in the last 4 weeks on Maddy stuff.

Hold off on the CD Singles for now hun, as I think I can find them online, but if I have no joy, I'll PM ya Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:43 am

Hate to be pedantic, but picture discs have only been made in the UK since the 1980's.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:42 am

Quote :
I dread to think how much I have spent in the last 4 weeks on Maddy stuff.

Hold off on the CD Singles for now hun, as I think I can find them online, but if I have no joy, I'll PM ya

Hehe awesome. If you find them, gimme the links!
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:28 am

Updating again:

- Hard Candy CD Album (Standard)
- Hard Candy CD Black Case Pack Thing
- 4 Minutes US Maxi Single
- 4 Minutes 2 x 12" Vinyl (2 copies, one sealed)
- 4 Minutes Picture Disc
- Give It 2 Me US Maxi Single
- Give It 2 Me Picture Disc
- Give It 2 Me Australia 3 track CD Single
- Hard Candy Triple Vinyl Pack
- 4 Minutes UK CD Singles (thank you Shane)
- US 12" Pack GI2M
- 2 x 7" White Vinyl pack

So now all I'm missing is the 2 UK set of Give It 2 Me, hurray!!

Miles Away has been confirmed as the third single, by the way. A radio edit has been made. Its kinda dull: album mix, but the intro is minus the guitar. So the beat kicks in all by itself, then when the guys start spitting into the mike (you know what I mean), then the guitar starts up and it's the album mix. Why did they bother??
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:50 am

Are ya gonna get the cassette to complete the collection? I got mine from Ebay. Cassettes are only done in Indonesia now I think.

I love Cassette, just need GHV2 and Evita and I have all the albums Smile

http://www.madonnarecords.com/data/record.asp?id=6294
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:19 am

Not me, lovin' that site though. Have just joined and am slowly collating my collection on it....
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:29 am

Too scared to add my collection to that site. I've got some 300 items that I have no record of. Need to sit down with everything spread out on the floor and just take notes.

Just the other day I was rifling through my 7" records I had forgotten I had. I discovered I have a promo copy of Lucky Star (7" edit, both sides), jukebox-style centre, in plain white sleeve. I think I paid $5 for it, goes for $35 US on that MadonnaRecords site.
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:29 am

so looking at the site, so you log in, and then start ticking the ones youve got.....right?? god this'll take me an eternity. I must admit i have a large ledger in which i write everything in with the price in which I paid. This is the only way in which i can carry it in with me to RG or on holiday looking for Madge goodies. So far the process works.... and even then, you tend to get a photographic memory as to what youve got eh? Any feedback from the site? chers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:28 pm

You log in and click on "Add collection" for any specific item - then fill in all your details, eg. how much you paid for it and when, and any other notes you may want to add for it - then whenever you're browsing, you'll see a tick next to whatever's in your collection (that you've already added).

Da da da da....then, once you've loaded a few, you can click (around top right) onto "my own" to see your list and total value of your collection. You can make it private or public.

I think some of the values on the site are wrong or too low, but that doesn't matter, since you can put in your own estimates for your own items. The great thing about this site though is that is seems to have virtually EVERY Madonna release ever throughout the world (at least it's the most comprehensive I've ever seen I think).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Candy Collectors   Hard Candy Collectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard Candy Collectors
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next