Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LEONARDO BRASIL

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY Empty
PostSubject: HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY   HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 pm

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY M01qj1

Let's start all over again... this is my first post of the year!
I was wondering witch remixed song should I choose to post today... and my choice was HOLIDAY, such a festive song, isn’t it?
Obviously that before I post the remix I have to tell you a funny story that is closely linked to the song HOLIDAY... are you ready for the first curiosity of 2009?

Around 19 years ago, specifically on a rainy FRIDAY 13 of April, in 1990, MADONNA went on tour with her BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR... this one can be considered her most famous concert, maybe not the best, but it was the one that really broke some paradigms...

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY M02zu3

Well, in the set list of this tour there were several hits of the singer, and among them we can find the song HOLIDAY.
Before continuing with the story I want you to watch the video below... If you do not want to make the download of the video all you need to do is to go to YOUTUBE and look for the following words on the search engine: MADONNA HOLIDAY BLOND AMBITION JAPAN, and then watch the video...

VIDEO: MADONNA – HOLIDAY – BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR / JAPAN:
http://www.4shared.com/file/78871902/6fc0a6b0/M_-_HBAWTJ.html

Around 03:25 of the music in the video above, you can listen to MADONNA screaming to the audience: "- Do the bus stop! " and then she, the backing vocals and the dancers begin to dance in synchrony...
The expression can easily be assimilated by a North American, but it may sound strange for the rest of the world... so let me explain this expression to you, but I have to take you to the 70’s to do that...

... in 1970, in New York City, an American funk and disco band was formed, it was called FATBACK BAND (later, simply FATBACK). The group was popular in the 70’s and in the first half of the 80’s.

In 1975 the band released the single (ARE YOU READY) DO THE BUS STOP from the album RAISING HELL and with it a corresponding back and forth, side-to-side line dance... this dance step was later called BUS STOP DANCE...

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY Fatbackbandraisinghellqa8

If you take a look at YOUTUBE writing the words BUS STOP DANCE in the search engine you will find some variations of this dance step, but basically they all have the kind of style, it simply consists of the feet moving back and forth.

Below is a diagram about how to do the BUS STOP DANCE...

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY Busstop1xh4
HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY Busstop2md0

And if you are very curious (just like me!) you’ll probably want to watch the performance of the FATBACK BAND with the song (ARE YOU READY) DO THE BUS STOP in the video posted below... note that some members of the band and the people on the stage are doing the linear movements of the dance (in [05:15]), but in a very simple and different way... you have to remember that the dance was only inspired, in part, by the group and that over the years it took shape and has become something formal in North American culture.

VIDEO: (ARE YOU READY) DO THE BUS STOP - FATBACK BAND:
http://www.4shared.com/file/78833422/aa7392a/FBB_-_DTBS.html

Well, that’s it... I suppose that some people may find this story kind of boring... but I also know that there are those who are extremely curious...

Oh, yes, below is the remix that I promised... I do hope you like it!

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION):
http://www.4shared.com/file/78448113/42a503fe/497_M_-_H_RV_.html

"Do the bus stop!"

Wink

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY M03lg8
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY   HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:23 am

Weird! I always thought it was a cute part of the performance, but its an American formal dance? Strange!

Thanks Leo, and cheers for your fun trivia. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY   HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 am

Happy New Year Leo, Always look forward to your posts.

I LOVE the BA Holiday performance! Learned every step by heart watching the Barcelona concert that was shown on TV (I still have the VHS!). I remember doing it at a friends house, and her aunt got up and did the Bus Stop part with me- so funny! She sat back down, all puffed out and said "God, I haven't done that in years".

I remember thinking wow, shes obviously watched the VHS over and over too lol

Later on, I discovered Madonna didn't invent that little step and all my wonder vanished.
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY   HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:51 am

Quote :
Later on, I discovered Madonna didn't invent that little step and all my wonder vanished.

Just like vogueing. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
LEONARDO BRASIL

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY   HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Hey, don't be sad... Crying or Very sad
Nothing is created, nothing is destroyed, everything is transformed!!!
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY   HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOLIDAY (REMIXED VERSION) + BUS STOP DANCE STORY
Page 1 of 1