Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts Empty
PostSubject: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:55 am

Opinions?? Off the latest news:

PARIS, Sept. 27 (UPI) -- U.S. pop star Madonna has begun showing the physical signs of aging despite a strict dietary and exercise regime, The Daily Mail says.

The British publication reported Saturday that while the "Material Girl" maintains a strict macrobiotic diet and routinely exercises, the 50-year-old looked her age while exiting a Paris hotel this week.

The celebrity's declining appearance also comes amidst rumors she has had plastic surgery to maintain her famed sexy looks, the newspaper reported.

The mother-of-three is said to conduct two-hour workout sessions six days a week to maintain her body after 25 years in the music industry.

Madonna, who is pushing through a 50-date worldwide tour, owns an $11 million private gym where she conducts her weekly fight against the aging process, the Mail said.

American singer Madonna attends the world premiere of "Rocknrolla" at Odeon West End in London on September 1, 2008. (UPI Photo/Rune Hellestad)

Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts Madonn23
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Well, considering shes 50, and a human being, of course shes going to show signs of aging. The media and public jump all over this like its happened overnight. Like hello- shes been aging all along and anyone with 2 eyes that function correctly can see the changes of an aging person over the years.

She works hard at trying to be in the best shape she can, she always has. Her strict regimen hasn't come out of nowhere. Its not purely for the benefit of her looks, she also cares about her body and wants to remain healthy and fit for as long as she can.

I personally don't care what she looks like. At her age, shes deserves some wrinkles, veins and the dignity to grow old without people picking it her for it, oohing and ahhing like shes some kind of freak for being human and aging as such.

I just hopes she leaves the surgery alone. I saw one pic of her where she looked like Priscilla Presley. That nondescript smoothed face with artificial cheekbones and filled in lines. The Madonna I love is herself, warts, wrinkles and all, not some cosmetic surgeons creation.
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net

PostSubject: I agree   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:10 am

Yes, I agree. Who cares, really, what she looks like. Ok, I admit, I prefer her in her "glory days" - not that her career has exactly gone downhill yet. She still looks about 100 times better than most people her age...(and I think any derogatory comments by women of a certain age toward Madonna are "quite transparent" to use her turn of phrase!), so I say give her a break. But there are alot of stories around like this. I suppose it's because she tries so hard to stay youthfull looking. No more plastic surgery! We don't want her ending up looking like Pricilla Presley or, (god forbid), Phyllis Diller!! I saw on Perez Hilton's site yesterday a "separated at birth" shot of Chris Ciccone and Jabba the Hutt!! Cruel!! LOL

(Someone said "But is that Madonna on the left?" and "This hurts my soul because he used to be so good-looking, did someone start to eat their feelings?" BA HAHAHAHAHAH, thats the funniest thing I've seen all day. Even my 3 year old walked past and said "mummy, that man looks like Jabba the Hut". BA HAHAHAHAHAHH……….. For total gross out factor though, this takes the cake: "I sucked Chris off once at a hotel. He had a skinny dick that curved to the left and his spooge tasted like nonfat lemon Yoplait yogurt." TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts Chris_10
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:01 am

Chris looks like any other guy his age out there.

Perez Hilton is just trash talking and I don't even like to entertain his scathing immature remarks or perpetuate them by acknowledging them any further than this.

Some good advice from one of my favourite songs:

"Won't let a stranger
Give me a social disease....
I don't want no lies
I don't watch TV
I don't waste my time
Won't read a magazine."

I like to apply that as best I can when it comes to trashy things like Perez Hilton and the like.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:47 am

Quote :
The British publication reported Saturday that while the "Material Girl" maintains a strict macrobiotic diet and routinely exercises, the 50-year-old looked her age while exiting a Paris hotel this week.

So nobody mistook her for Miley Cyrus? Or called out "Hi Lourdes, is your mother in?" Aw, boo hoo.

This is why she applied for the permit to have a tunnel built connecting her gym to her house. She wouldn't have to step outside and march through the waiting press ("omg headlines, madonna wears sunglasses en route to gym, she must be hiding surgery scars and/or pregnant with Alex Rodriguez's lovechild"), so why didn't they give her the tunnel?

(Granted, this is headline news after she left A HOTEL, but all the same, c'mon people, give her a break).

And about the plastic surgery: I wasn't the only one who looked at photos of her induction to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame and went "Aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh", was I? Euwwww.

I think the surgery started to be really noticable around 2003. Remember her face shape on the DWT? Or in "Swept Away"? Then she makes "Die Another Day" and "American Life" comes out, and suddenly she has no lines. Well I'll be.
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:52 am

Well said G, I love her regardless. I just hope when i get to that age, i still look that hot. And as for the tunnel to the gym.... ooooohhhh where can i get me one of those Shocked
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:16 am

build a gym within four feet of your house, then go nuts. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:24 pm

CandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Chris looks like any other guy his age out there.

Perez Hilton is just trash talking and I don't even like to entertain his scathing immature remarks or perpetuate them by acknowledging them any further than this.

Some good advice from one of my favourite songs:

"Won't let a stranger
Give me a social disease....
I don't want no lies
I don't watch TV
I don't waste my time
Won't read a magazine."

Which made me think of this song:

A winters day
In a deep and dark December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.
Ive built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
Its laughter and its loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Dont talk of love,
But Ive heard the words before;
Its sleeping in my memory.
I wont disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries

One of the saddest songs ever (but brilliant) - these two songs are both extremes of one another.

Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:49 am

Quote :
A winters day
In a deep and dark December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.

Know what that reminds me of?

Stevie Nicks' immortal Landslide.

Quote :
I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
'Till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life
I don't know

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down

If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 am

Nice song, I have that as Fleetwood Mac, but close. Razz That other song was I Am A Rock by Simon & Garfunkel. For me, the ultimate Stevie Nicks song is Edge Of Seventeen: (For greater effect watch School Of Rock to see Joan Cusack singing to it! Hilarious!)

Just like the white winged dove...
Sings a song...
Sounds like she's singing...
Whoo... whoo... whoo...
Sings a song...
Ooo baby... ooo... said ooo

And the days go by...
Like a strand in the wind...
In the web that is my own...
I begin again
Said to my friend, baby...
Nothin' else mattered

He was no more... than a baby then
Well he... seemed broken hearted...
Something within him
But the moment... that I first laid...
Eyes... on... him... all alone...
On the edge of... seventeen

Sings a song...
ooo baby... ooo... said ooo...
Sings a song...

I went today... maybe I will go again...
Tomorrow
And the music there it was hauntingly...
Familiar
And I see you doing...
What I try to do for me
With the words from a poet...
And the voice from a choir
And a melody... nothing else mattered

Sings a song...
ooo baby... ooo... said ooo
Sings a song...

The clouds... never expect it...
When it rains
But the sea changes colours...
But the sea...
Does not change
And so... with the slow... graceful flow...
Of age
I went forth... with an age old...
Desire... to please
On the edge of... seventeen

Sings a song...
Sings a song...

Well then suddenly...
There was no one... left standing
In the hall... yeah yeah...
In a flood of tears
That no one really ever heard fall at all
Oh I went searchin' for an answer...
Up the stairs... and down the hall
Not to find an answer...
Just to hear the call
Of a nightbird... singing...
Come away... come away...

Sings a song
Ooo... baby ooo... said ooo
Sings a song...
Ooo... baby ooo... said ooo

Well I hear you in the morning...
And I hear you...
At nightfall...
Sometime to be near you...
Is to be unable... to hear you...
My love...
I'm a few years older than you...

Sings a song...

Love the room! (esp. the tiffany lamps!)Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts Stevie10
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 am

My favourite song of all time is Ray of Light. Edge of Seventeen is second. LOL.

And Stevie Nicks wrote the song and performed it as part of Fleetwood Mac, so I think she deserves the credit, don't you? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 am

I love the beginning of the song.....and in School Of Rock it's SO funny.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:45 am

Nooo, the best bit of the song is when she does that howl in the middle, and its all quiet but for the strumming of the guitar. It's so eerie. I remember being spooked by that when I was a kid, lol.
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:10 am

Peter Framptons talking guitar spooked me as a kid.

Do you fee...eeeel. Loike I dooooo.."

*shudders*
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 am

Who's Peter Frampton?
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 am

peter frampoton? you crack me up boys.... the talking guitar you know " do you feel like i do"...... amazing. I must admit age of seventeen is one of my all time songs also. I also love from Heart "alone" an all time fav also. See I do listen to others bar Madge..... but not much more LOL
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 am

Oh man brad, you gotta check out Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do".

It should be on youtube. Awesome song, especially turned up loud in the dark when you've smoked a good chunk of electric puha lol

Heart rock! Talk about power ballads- Alone, Never, What About Love etc

I think I overdosed on Stevie Nicks when I was 16-17, that 'leather and lace' phase..ugh... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:13 am

LOL Exactly. Hey, man, haven't you even heard of Frampton Comes Alive? (Brad, watch Dazed and Confused).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 am

WhitePanda wrote:
Who's Peter Frampton?
- last one
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:16 am

I think Frampton Comes Alive would have to be the oldest record I have in my collection (apart from my Billie Holiday gramophone records).

God that song rocks, must download that album on Saturday when my broadband kicks in again....
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:18 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:18 am

IT was like THE album of the 70's - I remember surfies, etc (as a kid), my sister's boyfriend's friends raving on about it.....or saying it totaly sucked, either one or the other....I was heavily into ABBA and Olivia (Grease) at the time!

Wasn't Baby I Love Your Way the REALLY BIG hit off this? That song has been covered by SO many people since!!
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 am

Oh yeah, Baby I Love Your Way- awesome song. I loved the version Will to Power did in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Think there was a reggae cover of it too later on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:34 am

Yes, I really liked the Will to Power version too - great song.... (Baby I Love Your Way / Freebird)
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Quote :
Heart rock! Talk about power ballads- Alone, Never, What About Love etc

I think I overdosed on Stevie Nicks when I was 16-17, that 'leather and lace' phase..ugh... lol

Leather and Lace is a good tune, but I love "Rooms on Fire", "Edge of Seventeen", "I Can't Wait", "Beauty and the Beast", "After The Glitter Fades" and "Stand Back". I bought her Enchanted box set at Real Groovy - best purchase I made in a while!

Only song of Heart's I like is "Barracuda" (however you spell it). That's cos it was on Charlies Angels. Lucy Liu in the tight leather cracking a whip ... down, Dita, down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts   Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madonna Showing Age Despite Efforts
Page 1 of 1