Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? Empty
PostSubject: She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?   She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:29 am

I've just watched this and well was wondering what everyone thinks Madonna's trying to say with her dancers dressed up in different periods of her career. When I first heard the song I thought it was similar in nature to thief of hearts and that someone was trying to steal her man. So is she singing about herself and that those early incarnations of her - she no longer feels it is her anymore? I'm really quite mystified really, especially when she does a kind of mirror image with each one like a pose and once she moves away they seem to freeze.

Probably not making sense but does anyone know what she means?

Also has anyone who has seen it noticed how the Material Girl version looks like Marilyn Monroe, I mean the face and hair, not the dress. Because in that video Madonna only wore the dress her hair and makeup was nothing like MM.

I also wonder who she is singing about, does anyone know? I don't read gossip mags.

Please enlightened my fuzzy mind. . . Embarassed
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?   She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 am

Hmmm. I think she's still in that state of mind of "The new me is better than the old me!"

She can speak for herself: I still enjoy Lucky Star on my iPod more than 4 Minutes anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?   She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 5:32 am

I agree, it's crazy that she sings about not being sorry, it's human nature etc and sometimes I really feel she kind of hates her past. And BTW, I saw her singing human nature live and she is screaming out F***k you quite a lot and it really was kind of hideous. I wonder if she screamed that out because of her husband??
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?   She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:11 am

Quote :
wondering what everyone thinks Madonna's trying to say with her dancers dressed up in different periods of her career.

I think its just her way of saying shes not what people think she is, although those eras were iconic, it doesn't mean that's who she is today and it doesn't define her. I mean people still refer to her as the Material Girl etc. Those eras and looks are just a part of her, they're not HER per say and she refuses to be defined by them.

Quote :
When I first heard the song I thought it was similar in nature to thief of hearts and that someone was trying to steal her man.

I think that's what the song is essentially about, but on stage, shes just using a different interpretation of the lyric. I think the song is about a lover who wasn't happy with her, yet her goes looking for someone just like her.

Quote :

I'm really quite mystified really, especially when she does a kind of mirror image with each one like a pose and once she moves away they seem to freeze.

I think its symbolic of her image being a shell. When she takes the shell off, it remains a frozen, inanimate thing. She simply brings the shell to life, and she can put it on and take it off whenever she wants. She is the life force behind the shell, the shell is not her.

Quote :
Also has anyone who has seen it noticed how the Material Girl version looks like Marilyn Monroe, I mean the face and hair, not the dress. Because in that video Madonna only wore the dress her hair and makeup was nothing like MM.

The famous pink Marilyn dress was from a movie called Gentlemen Prefer Blond's. When Madonna wore it in the video, her hair and makeup was pretty much the same as when Marilyn wore it. Soft waves, longer hair style.

Quote :
I also wonder who she is singing about, does anyone know? I don't read gossip mags.

Meh, me either. I don't think its about anyone in particular. Unless Guy had an affair we don't know about...
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?   She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:29 am

Quote :
Unless Guy had an affair we don't know about...

Oooh. Maybe, maybe ... I heard rumours that he was sleeping with the lead lady on "Sherlock Holmes", so who knows? Could be.
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?   She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She's Not Me Sticky & Sweet what's it about?
Page 1 of 1