Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was the last thing you bought?

Go down 
+2
Corey
CandyPerfumeGirl
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:02 am

I want the 12" sunglasses sleeve of Lucky Star.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Quote :
I know!! *hugs self* It was only $28NZD and that's including the shipping so I am really chuffed with that one.

I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

And not at all jealous.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:49 am

CandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Ok, today, last thing I bought...Ltd Edition CD of Music (Pink Hessian cover), Rain digipak single (for Up Down Suite) and Nothing Really Matters clip case (for the CD artwork.)

Now I gotta get the single of Secret with Let Down Your Guard on it.

Ooh, and last night I won a mint 12" of Lucky Star (the one with the TV cover) off Ebay UK.

I've been very good actually and limiting myself to one 12" a week! Very Happy

I'm happy for you too - I have that Lucky Star 12" - just busting for the other one now. With the Secret, you're talking about the 12" record? I did have the cd single on auction until I realised it was worth too much to sell on TradeMe!! (So glad no-one bought it for the giveaway price I had it listed at).
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:25 am

Funny story about secret. When it came out, I was in a record shop in Auckland and I asked the guy behind the counter if Madonna's new CD single had been released. He smirked at me and said no but he has a copy and started parading it in front of me. I kinda acted like I didn't care at all but his manager saw this going on and told him he had to sell it to me now if I wanted it. He looked at me with such venom in his eyes when I announced I wanted it. I couldn't very well say no.

BTW, you can also get an Aussie cardboard CD single with let down your guard which crops up in real groovy bins quite a bit and also this 12" record from Germany which people tend to forget about and the 7" pic disc and I think that the cassette single also contains that song, but will have to check - anyway there is an abundance of different formats for you to find that song on Shocked

What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 Sw5mdk
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks Corey, I am scanning the bargain bins at Real Groovy, only want it on CD so I have a hard copy of the song.

Its easy to find though, Ebay and Amazon have heaps but I'm sure a CD copy will crop up in NZ for peanuts.

Also waiting for a 12" with pic sleeve to crop up, purely for the 12" collection.

Hey Shane I saw yours listed but it said it didn't come with a case so I flagged it. Definitely want the case/sleeve with it.
Back to top Go down
https://madonnanz.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 1:35 pm

It is in a case, just not it's original case. Anyway, according to that madonnarecords site it's worth US$20.00! (German cd). So I swapped it for Hung Up. I've tried several times to get the 7" picture disc - it's always really popular and always sells for too much! Might get one one of these days....
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:11 pm

I have a copy of the 12" Secret - but its not a photo sleeve, its a white sleeve with the title written in big letters in pink and blue. I'd look for a photo but I'm too tired. (Damn university).
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:09 pm

I've seen that one Brad, its seems to be the easiest one to find these days. Are you looking to sell it ? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:23 am

I've got that one as well....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 am

I know I said no more eBay, but I've just bought these.....What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 Dick_t10
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:42 am

Cute. Lol.

I just bought a 12" Holiday (Train Station sleeve).

Cost? A back-breaking $1.75 (US).

The seller is a real winner. In the item description: "That's right this is a 12" single. When I first listen to this record, I thought her voice definitely changed. It sounded like a Man's voice. Then I realized it was a 45rpm recording."

What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 D641_1
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 am

Quote :
I've seen that one Brad, its seems to be the easiest one to find these days. Are you looking to sell it ? lol

Naaaaaaw. But I am waiting for you to get back to me, vis-a-vis Re-Invention Tour Bootleg DVD thingy. Still happy to try and fix the audio, and if you throw in DVD's of the Virgin Tour and Blond Ambition Tour for me, I'll give you some nice shiny coinage. ^_^
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Hurrah, I won an auction for 3 x 12" singles on Ebay,

-Everybody
-Secret
-Gambler

So got three more coming for the collection. My mint Lucky Star 12" arrived and its my pride and joy at the moment!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Do you want the Lucky Star sunglasses sleeve as well?
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:01 pm

If it came up at a reasonable price, I might.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:02 am

I wish it would - I was trying to get one, but I think it went over US$50 or something.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:02 am

Geeeeeeeeeen. If I may quote myself:

Quote :

Naaaaaaw. But I am waiting for you to get back to me, vis-a-vis Re-Invention Tour Bootleg DVD thingy. Still happy to try and fix the audio, and if you throw in DVD's of the Virgin Tour and Blond Ambition Tour for me, I'll give you some nice shiny coinage. ^_^
Back to top Go down
timestoodstill

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 pm

I just Bought/Received:
- Give it 2 Me - Fedde le Grand Remixes (Promo)
- Miles Away (2 trk)
- Miles Away (4 trk)
- Miles Away (4 trk Promo)
- Miles Away (7 trk)
- Miles Away Edits (Promo)
- Secret (Japanese 3" CD Single)
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 am

i got a whole heap of merchandise from the sticky and sweet tour in vegas. i got 2 tee's, 1 tour jacket, shot glass, key rings, tote bag, tour programme, magnets, badges. an awesome addition to the collection, nice to get something nice and new. i also got a train sleeve 45, and collectors edition confessions guitar picks.
i think thats me for the last few weeks LOL and a second mortgage LMFAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:43 am

Oooooh ... last thing I bought? A bunch of CD singles that I'd been missing.

- I'll Remember
- Sorry (3-track with full-length Let It Will Be remix, hurrah hurrah)
- Secret (with Let Down Your Guard, for a weeny $5 US)
- Probably something else

They're taking ages to get here because of a weeny oversight at Amazon. For some reason they decided to try to ship my stuff to:

Bradley Pratt
blah blah blah
Tawa
Wellington 5028
New York

Hmm.
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:21 am

i love new york, i love new york other places make me feel like a dork LOL
what a balls up eh?
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:29 am

What a balls up indeed.

And those lyrics...

Just one more reason why Madonna won't come to New Zealand. She knows that her fans here are the ones most likely to take the royal piss out of her.
Back to top Go down
lovemadgemadonna

lovemadgemadonna

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 am

not my lyrics sweetie anywho, i think shed be chuffed that after all these years her fans still REMEMBER the lyrics..... LOL.
i certainly wasnt taking the piss, just couldnt believe amazon could make such a royal balls up. confused
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah I know I'm just saying those are some of Maddy's lyrics that are just, unforgivable. And New Zealanders would read them and laugh. Likewise Love Profusion:

"And I know I can feel bad,
When I get in a bad mood..."

Well I'll be.

She cracks me up sometimes. XD
Back to top Go down
CandyPerfumeGirl
Admin
CandyPerfumeGirl

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:00 am

I have been so slack, the last thing I bought was the GHV2 Limited Edition from Amazon Sad

Hubby is going to the US in May so I might do some Ebay buying and get him to haul it all back for me...will save a bomb in postage!

When are we going to get a special release of something...there's lots of talk around Blond Ambition on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you bought?   What was the last thing you bought? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was the last thing you bought?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madonna Fans New Zealand :: MADONNA LOUNGE :: Collectors Corner-
Jump to: