Madonna Fans New Zealand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Madonna Fan Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS Empty
PostSubject: Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS   Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:21 am

..can you guess who said this? What do you think?

Madonna There's a dark force at work here - she subverts everything for her own gain. I went to see her London show and it was all so dour and humourless. She surpasses even Joan Crawford in terms of megalomania. Which in itself makes her a kind of dark gay icon.

Kylie Minogue I love Kylie, she's the anti-Madonna. Self-knowledge is a truly beautiful thing and Kylie knows herself inside out. She is what she is and there is no attempt to make quasi-intellectual statements to substantiate it. She is the gay shorthand for joy.

Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS Kylie_10

Also, worth considering:

Stevie Nicks Certain intellectual gay men obsess over Stevie. She is a dinner party conversation in herself, served up as a kind of hors d'oeuvre before a conversation about the Pre-Raphaelites, or something. She separates interesting homosexuals from uninteresting ones

Pink She's slightly left-of-centre in this deeply conservative pop world. She's not it, but you'd have more of a chance of finding it by using her as a conduit than you would if you used Britney Spears. You know, Pink is what I would call a 'gateway drug'.

Prince It feels weird talking about Prince as a gay icon now but you have to applaud a black man in the American record industry who could be so playful with androgyny. Justin Timberlake wouldn't do that. He is a marine dressed as a pop star.

Kate Bush She is the older sister that every gay man wants. She connects so well with a gay audience because she is so removed from the real world. She is one of the only artists who makes it appear better to be on the outside than on the inside.
Back to top Go down
WhitePanda

WhitePanda

Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS   Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:00 pm

I like that, Madonna as the evil gay icon, lol.

Stevie Nicks? Really?

Pink I get, but Stevie? How on earth...?
Back to top Go down
http://whitepandamedia.com

Madonna vs. Kylie ICON STATUS
Page 1 of 1